 |
| The Birthday Girl! |
Makaylee's 2! She was so excited for her birthday (I was too). If you asked her about it she would tell you that she was getting a chocolate, fairy cake and a bike. And, of course, she did!
 |
| Chocolate, Fairy Cake |
Her birthday was on a Sunday, so we got her a new dress and new shoes that she can put on all by herself (so important right now). She also took treats to nursery :)
 |
She LOVES her church shoes,
especially because she can put them on all by herself |
After church, she opened presents from mom and dad. She was thrilled about her new bike, as you can see below.
 |
| NEW BIKE! |
Later we had family and friends come over to celebrate and enjoy that delicious chocolate, fairy cake.
 |
| Opening Presents |
 |
| Making a Wish! |
The next day I took her to the doctor and she was 33 1/2 inches long and weighed 24 lbs. He says she's doing awesome. We always love to hear that.
At 2, she is definitely exercising her independence. She is constantly telling us "I do it myself" She's starting to be very bossy too. We hear "Do it, Mom" or "Do it, Dad" a lot, as well as "Again". She loves the song "I Love to See the Temple" and always requests it when we're in the car. Makaylee's favorite place to go is Grandma's house. Every time we are in the car she tells me she wants to go to Grandma's house. She loves for me to put her hair in a pony tail. She is still an amazing jumper and dancer. She is singing more and more. And boy oh boy, can she talk. I am amazed at some of the things she says. And finally, she loves being a big girl. She was so excited to get a big girl bed like her friend, Ella.
 |
| Makaylee & her big girl bed! |
I am happy to report that she is transitioning really well. Nap time was a little tricky at first, but now she does really well. I'm loving that she loves being a big girl and hope that means she'll be ready for potty training this summer ;) WE LOVE HER!
5 comments:
What a cute girl! I told Ella that Makaylee wants to play with her and she replied that they should have a tea party because Makaylee wants chocolate. I'm hoping we can let her come play this week and then have Makaylee come over soon after that!
OH! She's so sweet. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. She is getting so big! It doesn't seem possible.
I wish I'd gotten a chance to visit with you when we were up north. Miss you all!
Happy Birthday Makaylee. And she IS pretty good with those new shoes of hers :)
She is growing up too fast! We really need to plan a time to come visit soon.
Jim and I send our love to all three of you! :)
Wow I can't believe it's been TWO WHOLE YEARS! Time FLIES when you have kids! Seriously! She is so adorable and I'm glad you are having fun with her!
Post a Comment