Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Great End to 2010

We loved the holidays and enjoyed spending time with family and friends.  John and I both had lots of time off of work, and it was great to be together.  Here are the highlights:

 

Too cute.  Makaylee with her friends, Carson and Ella, at Mathieu's Elmo birthday party. The Penafiel's know how to party. We were all so happy to be invited!
    


Makaylee was able to sit on Santa's lap two times this year.  She didn't cry, but she wasn't sure what to think.  She sure liked him a lot more after he gave her a sucker :)  Every time she saw Santa or we talked about him, she would say "Ho, Ho, Ho" and "baby"  She asked Santa for a baby doll and stroller for Christmas.



We went to Temple Square to see the lights with John's family.  It ended up being a pretty crazy night (getting there and back), but we all enjoyed the lights.  Do you love how bundled up Makaylee is?!



Every year we get together with our friends for a Christmas Party.  We enjoy good company, food, and white elephant gifts!  We're lucky to have such great friends.

The kids have a good time together too!



 We got together with my family on Christmas Eve.  My mom makes us a delicious dinner, and we watch a Christmas movie together.  I always make them take a family picture, too!

 Makaylee, Kelsey, and Haylee in their Christmas jammies



Santa came and he brought just what Makaylee asked for.  She was delighted.  She opened the stroller first and just wanted to play.  After awhile, John asked her if Santa brought her a baby, so she came back over to open her other presents.  Sure enough, there was a baby.  She loves to talk to her baby "Hi Baby! Hi!" (That's what she is doing the picture above)

 Feeding Baby June

 Daddy got some new basketball shoes!

 The fam on Christmas Morning



After opening our presents, we went to my parent's house for more presents and good food!  Makaylee and her cousin, Haylee, got little kitchens from Grandma and Grandpa! 

Super busy cooking!  
If only she really knew how to cook.  That would be awesome!


 Makaylee in her darling dress from Grandma and Grandpa!

I was sad this picture didn't turn out so well, 
but here we are all spiffy in front or our Christmas tree.



Makaylee got her first haircut at Cookie Cutter's on Dec. 31st 
As you can see, she had a great time!

 So cute!  They did a great job!

After her haircut, Daddy took us out to a movie (Tangled) and dinner.  Then we went back to our house to bring in the new year.

 Celebrating the ending of a great year and welcoming a new one.  
We hope it's even better than the last!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

so fun! you guys are so cute. xoxo

Sydney said...

How fun. I love the picture of her at Cookie Cutters. She is such a happy girl!

Coleman's said...

When I first started looking at this I was thinking "look how long her hair is!" It has been too long since we have seen you. We need to get together soon!! Heck it has been too long since I have talked to you. If I don't call you, you call me ok!

Angela said...

Wow I can't believe how big Makaylee is getting! She is so cute! Glad you ended the year having fun! We should definitely get together soon as the weather gets warmer.