Sunday, January 18, 2009

Answered Prayers

So this past week my students were crazy, and Wednesday I let them know that I did not appreciate how crazy they were being. They saw a side of Mrs. Shakespear I don't believe they loved, and, I'll be honest, I didn't love it either. We chatted that day about what is acceptable in our classroom and practiced a bit. As they left, we promised each other a better day tomorrow. Thankfully, Thursday was amazing! I absolutely loved it. We talked about how great it felt and how much learning we were able to do. I also thanked them for doing their best. Afterward, one of my little girls came up to me and whispered, "Mrs. Shakespear, I prayed to Heavenly Father this morning that our class would be good today." Isn't that sweet?! I am so grateful for her prayer. Keep 'em coming :)

8 comments:

Angela said...

Oh that's so sweet of your little student. Yes, you need some prayers these last couple months. I don't think I could have handled a big classroom of 1st graders when I was 8,9 months pregant. But you're amazing Alysha, so if anyone can do it, it's you! You still amaze me with all your patience with those cute little sunbeams. You'll make an awesome mom!

Nichole W. said...

I agree with everything that was said in the first comment! You are amazing! I am working on having more patience with just my one little guy, so I don't know how you do it with a classroom full!

Dana said...

Hang in there! Students are the greatest. Beware though. The stress of school sent me into labor nine days early. I think it was more of the "No Child Left Behind" tests. You definitely find it in yourself to pull together and find the patience for the little rugrats. Keep up the great work!

Amber said...

that's sweet. those little kids can be so thoughtful sometimes!

Erin Shakespear said...

OH MY! What a sweet little girl.

Candace S. said...

That is Sooooo sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Paul or Lindsay said...

You must teach in Utah County. That's really cute. I hope you are making it through teaching and pregnancy (not my favorite combination!).

Coleman's said...

Hey I copied your new years pictures off of here, I hope that is o.k. I wasn't sure if you would be able to tell and then be freaked out because someone was copying pictures but it was just me.