I have been wanting to blog for forever, but have not had much time. I decided today to take a break and update. The last month or so has been busy, but great for us. Here's a quick update! (I also made a little slide show of the fun events.)
At the end of January, we were able to go with our great friends, Natalie and Rob, to the Draper Temple open house. Our tour started off a little crazy, but we really enjoyed our visit.
Valentine's Day followed shortly after. I have always wanted to go to Build a Bear, so John took me, and we made a bear for our baby. (I enjoyed every bit of it and can't wait to go back when she's older.) We decided it would be a great valentine for her. As for our valentines, we went out to lunch and a movie. John took me to Confessions of a Shopaholic, because I really wanted to see it. I loved it and definitely recommend it. (Probably because I'm a bit of a shopaholic.) My husband is so good to me! I tried to return the love by making him dinner that night. He seemed to like it. Plus, he got to watch the All-Stars Slam Dunk competition while I was cooking. It was a great Valentines.
At the end of February, we had the pleasure of having John's brother, Ryan, and his family come and stay with us for a weekend. The kids loved our Comfy Sac. We also had a lot of fun staying up late watching movies and playing at the Dinosaur Museum.
As most of you know, our baby is coming so soon. This Wednesday I will be 38 weeks. Everyone reminds me that she can come any time now. It is an exciting thought, but a stressful one too, because I am not quite ready. (I've got to get those sub plans done, and they are not fun.) However, we have been busy preparing. We went and bought our car seat this past weekend, just in case she decides to come a little early. We really want to be able to take her home :) And thanks to my friends and family, I feel like we have almost everything else we need. I've had two baby showers, and I've got some of the cutest stuff. I'm so grateful. I have the greatest friends and family. I am definitely feeling the love.
Last, but not least, we celebrated John's 28th birthday. On Saturday I took John out to LaVigna for dinner. (He really likes to go there.) Then on Sunday, we had Better Batter ice cream cake from Maggie Moos (delicious) and opened presents. John recently got a new car with a Microsoft Sync System. He can plug in an iPod and then tell the car what songs to play. He's been using my iPod Shuffle, so I decided that an iPod of his very own would be a great gift. He's excited. Last night he was on the computer forever downloading songs and music videos. Today, I figured I better hurry and start blogging before he got home and wanted to download some more :)
Our next post will probably be announcing the arrival of our baby girl! We are so excited! Until then, take care!
4 comments:
Alysha, you are so cute! I am so glad to read an update from you! I really want to hang out with you sometime but I know you are busy and will be especially busy with a new baby! I hope everything goes well for you. How exciting! Maybe when things get settled down we can get together and catch up! Good luck with everything! I can't wait to hear the good news!
Build a Bear is my favorite place in the WORLD! I can't wait to see pics of the baby!
Alysha, glad you FINALLY got us undated!!! lOVE IT. Annalyn went to "Build a Bear" to and made a bear witht he same cute shirt. Hers has a dennis skirt, white shoes, tan bear "Button" and a wheelchair. (Like her) she is so cute and loves it! can't wait till baby Shakespear gets here! LOV YA!
You are sooo amazing Alysha! I just couldn't imagine having to do everything you're doing while being pregnant! You amaze me, and you really do look so cute even at 9 months! We (and Caleb) can't wait for the new arrival of our neighbors! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment