Monday, February 22, 2010
Tender Mercies
I really have so much I should be doing, but I'm going to ignore all of it for a minute. Tonight I got my first kiss from my baby girl. It was the best and it made my day. On Saturday she will be 11 months old. I've learned a lot about myself in the last 11 months. I've learned that I absolutely love being a mom. Nothing has brought me such happiness. I've never had anything I was really good at. I don't play sports or an instrument. I don't even know how to read music. I'm not a dancer, singer, writer, artist, etc. And while I'm at it, I'll throw in that I'm definitely not crafty. Some how Makaylee makes me feel like the greatest mom in the world (except when she falls off the bed.) I feel so fulfilled. Now, I'm not saying that I am the greatest mom or that I am an expert. Sydney can tell you that I ask her all sorts of questions. And Makaylee definitely tests me, but I love being her mom and I guess that makes me feel good at it.
As most of you know, I've really struggled being a working mom. I'm tired and overwhelmed all the time, but it is always nice to come home to John and Makaylee. Somehow they make everything ok. I've also learned to trust more in my Heavenly Father. I know He's teaching me so much, and I'm feeling His tender mercies daily. I want to be the person who has everything together and does everything just right. He's teaching me that no one's perfect, it's ok to let things go, and it's ok to accept and ask for help. He's blessed me with an amazing support system and new opportunities. I am just in awe at how much He truly knows me, loves me, and has a plan for me. At Women's Conference this week, I was reminded just how much He is in the details of our lives. I am so thankful for the gospel, my family, and my friends. They keep me going. Thank you all so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You really are a great mom!! I notice that every Sunday. Hopefully soon the working mom thing will pay off for you and you won't have to be away from your baby so much. And I hear ya, I'm ALWAYS tired too.
That is such a nice post. I love reflecting on my life and recognizing the tender mercies that become so evident.
Just by looking at Makaylee I can see what a great and wonderful mom you are!!!
She is so beautiful!
Thanks for your friendship and for your great example! :)
Post a Comment