
First day of Nursery
She did not want to hold still for a picture. At least she said "Cheese!"
Always on the phone ;)
First pigtails too!

She loves to snuggle.
A few fun things about Makaylee:
- At 18 months she weighs 21 pounds and is almost 30 inches tall.
- She has 18 teeth! She's currently getting her 2 year molars. Just 2 more and she's done!
- She is learning new words everyday. Her favorites right now are "up" (as she pulls on me to get up), "off" (she always wants me to unbuckle the car seat or take off her shoes, shirt, etc), and "shoes" (loves them) She tries to say pumpkin and it's hilarious. She is pretty good about saying thanks, but we are still working on please. And she is now shouting "amen" at the end of a prayer. (I had to say the prayer in RS and she shouted amen three times when I finished.) Oh and she tells me and others "shh" all the time.
- She's getting better at her animal sounds. Her favorite is "neigh" for horse and "quack, quack" for duck.
- When I put her down for a nap, she plays for quite awhile before going to sleep. She loves to snuggle with Pooh Bear.
- When I drop her off at my aunt's she shouts "ba-bye" and blows me a kiss. When I ring the door bell to pick her up, she yells "Momma!" and runs to get her shoes.
- She loves to go "bye-bye" and is so helpful at getting our shoes.
- She loves to pretend to talk on the phone. Everything's a phone (remotes, coupons, the computer mouse, etc)
- She still loves to dance.
- She is starting to sing.
- She absolutely loves stairs.
- She still gets incredibly excited to go for a walk in the stroller. She loves to push Pooh Bear in the stroller too.
- I love that she sits in my lap to read books.
- To get her familiar with/excited about going potty, we bought a little seat and she sits on it before she gets in the tub. She loves it. Hopefully, she'll want to use it regularly soon, but I'm not counting on it.
- And she knows that when we go to the drive thru to get mommy's drink, they are going to give her a sucker and she gets so excited. I love that as we leave she says, "Thanks. Ba-bye!"


4 comments:
Such a cutie! I can't wait until Jersey joins her in nursery!
She is such a cutie! Seriously! Congrats on the nursery! That is always a bitter/sweet moment in a mom's life. My little guy is going to be finally old enough for Sunbeams! Ah! doesn't seem possible! Time sure does fly!
I am so jealous! Ella hates nursery and now with our new calling I'm not sure how we'll ever get her used to it. She is such a great baby!
Alysha how exciting!!!!! cute pictures!!!!( I LOVE her pigtails!!) I will be sooo happy if David loves nursery as much as Makaylee! I'm sure he'll love playing with her :) ...3 more months to go! :)
Post a Comment