Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tis the season to be...BUSY!

So we've been super busy, and I've been dying to post, but have had to prioritize. Now that I am on break and John is taking care of his church duties, I can sneak in a post or two. (John doesn't like that I can blog or read other blogs forever, so I try to do it when he's busy.)

Things are going well for us. I celebrated my 27th birthday last month. I can't believe that I am 27! It was an awesome birthday. John surprised me with a getaway to Hines Mansion. (I told you he's wonderful.) It was nice to relax and spend time together. On Saturday, the day of my birthday, we had lunch with my family at Paradise Bakery (definitely recommend it) and dinner with our friends Natalie and Rob. (On my birthday, I was sad that I forgot my camera. I know my mom got a few, so maybe we'll update.)
John enjoyed our room!

Here we are at the Hines Mansion.
This is the chandelier from Gone With the Wind!


Shortly after that, I had another doctor's appointment, and this time they confirmed that we are having a baby girl! We've been planning on a baby girl, but it's nice to know that I can keep the bedding and hair bows that I've bought. I had John put the crib, dresser, and rocking chair together. He's so handy. I love it! I'm waiting to post pictures of the baby's stuff, because I am hoping to paint and put the room together over the break. John's still moving his stuff out. That room's been his bachelor pad for awhile. He has all his music and hunting stuff in there. Not to mention the projector and TV. I believe we have found places for things. We just need to move them.

Here's our little girl. Basically, its' her profile. Her foot is above her head, and,
if you look close, you can see her hair! We're hoping she has lots!



We have been enjoying several Christmas parties with family and friends. Last Sunday, we got together with some of my friends. We enjoyed tasty treats, telling stories, and exchanging white elephant gifts. One of the white elephant gifts was all the way from Australia. Amber got a package of Tim Tams, Australian cookies. James and Chelsea taught us all how to 'slam' a Tim Tam. Basically, you bite off two corners of the cookie. Then, without your hands, you drink hot chocolate through the Tim Tam. The hot chocolate melts the cookie and you have to hurry and 'slam' it into your mouth. It was fun and very good. Thanks Amber for sharing your gift with all of us!

John slammin' a Tim Tam.

Friends: Ashley, Brett, Alivia, John, Alysha, Greg, Amber,
Chelsea, James, Heather, and Justin.


We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! We love you and wish you the very best new year!

1 comment:

Nichole W. said...

Happy Birthday last month!
I laughed when I read about Tim Tams. We went to Samoa last year and we NEEDED a treat that tasted somewhat like home. We found Tim Tams in a dinky little shack of a store and then we were all craving them the rest of the trip. Didn't slam them, though...I guess that's a good reason to HAVE to go back...if we could find some milk there to go along with it!
Hope you had a great Christmas!