This isn't something I would normally write about on our blog. Perhaps it's because Thanksgiving wasn't too long ago, and I spent a lot of time thinking about the things I am most grateful for, and John is definitely one of them. I realize more and more how lucky I am to have John in my life. He is truly wonderful (and so handsome). One of the first things I noticed about John was his genuine goodness. He sees the good in everyone and everything. He is so calm and patient. He's always been so good to me, but he has really stepped up since I've been pregnant. He's taken on more chores around the house, listened to me obsess over the baby and what we need for the baby, put together baby furniture, carefully dealt with an emotional, unpredictable wife, and so on. Through it all, he still claims he loves me more and more each day.As some of you know, my Sunbeam class has grown to quite a large number. John and I taught the class together for over a year, but he is now the Membership Clerk, and isn't able to help me during class time. It has been a challenge for me, and one that John knows that I have not handled as well as I would've liked. Yesterday as I was preparing the lesson, I was so overwhelmed and I lost it. The tears were flowing. (And of course over things that really don't matter. Gotta love being pregnant). John came to my rescue, and the lesson today went so well. I appreciate his willingness to still help me with my calling (and to love me even when I'm hard to love). He truly loves those little ones and they love him. Here is a picture of Brother Shakespear by one of the little boys in our class. I thought it was adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment