Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Latest

One month old!

Kelsey Yates this picture's for you.
Thanks for the cute outfit.


Here's the latest on us. We are doing well. A little sleep deprived, but well. Makaylee is a month old now! She is a very happy baby, and we are so grateful for that. She has been responding to us a lot more and starting to coo. She also loves to snuggle. We love it. She has her dad's ability to sleep anytime, anywhere. However, for a bit there she was quite the night owl. She decided she wanted to play between the hours of midnight and 4 am. I'm normally a night owl myself, but that was a bit too crazy for me. (I think I am getting old. I'm definitely not in college anymore.) Thank goodness for naps. (I've always loved them.) I am definitely looking forward to sleeping all through the night. I don't expect it any time soon, but I will appreciate it!

Sleepy Kids
They were watching basketball.

This last weekend was an exciting one for us. John went hunting with my dad and Ross, so Makaylee and I had a sleepover at Grandma's! While we missed John, we enjoyed playing with my mom and sisters. I was even domestic and made strawberry jam with my mom! John was thrilled.

With so many people to entertain Makaylee, I was also able to go to my friend Amber's wedding. It was wonderful. I was so sad I forgot my camera. She looked so beautiful and happy. I love weddings. And it's always nice to see my girlfriends and catch up/reminisce.


On a not so happy note, I found out on Thursday that I will not be able to do a first grade job share with my friend Sydney, because of our school's budget. (I'm really not loving the economy.) It was going to be so perfect to only teach part time and with my friend. Sydney and I have taught together the last four years and get along so well. Over the weekend, I had to decide between half time fifth grade and full time first grade, and can I just say that I hate decisions. (One time I was asked to describe myself in one word and I said "indecisive" because I couldn't pick one word.) After much thought and prayer, I decided on full time first grade. Today I let my school know my decision, and I have been so sad all day. I love being home with Makaylee, but we definitely need another income for just a bit longer. (If only I would have been smarter when I was single.) I am hoping that part of my sadness is hormones and that I will feel better in August. I know it will be hard, but I also know that Heavenly Father increases our capabilities and helps us do hard things. I'm blessed to have great friends who are in the same situation that I know will help me through this. However, if you hear of any great jobs that let you be at home more, let me know.

9 comments:

Gonzalez Family said...

Wow, she really is looking so different! I am so sorry that today was rough after letting Carolyn know. Everything will work out. Every time I think about the changes I feel really weird. I just think of myself as a first grade teacher, but I guess that isn't me anymore.

Coleman's said...

She is a doll, I can't wait to see you all this weekend. I am sorry to hear about school, but it will all work out and teaching really isn't that bad because you have the whole summer and Christmas and all those little breaks in between right? I know it is tough though. Blame the sadness on the hormones, blame everything on the hormones.

Josh and Amber said...

Alysha... she is such a cutie! You must be having so much fun with her... :) I'm sorry to hear about the part-time teaching not working out, but like you said, everything will be just fine! Those first graders will be so happy you decided to teach them! Take Care :)

ryan + carly said...

omg she is sooo old! i can't believe she is already a month old. she is adorable.

Paul or Lindsay said...

So so sweet!! I haven't met her, but I am already in love with her little self! And don't worry, you will sleep again. I am sorry about the teaching thing, but you have done it for so many years now that you are a regular pro, and I think switching grades would be tough. Also, I may (or may not) sub a little next year; so I'd be happy to relieve you once in a while.

Ashley said...

Alysha,
1 month old already!?! Crazy how fast time goes by. She is such a doll! I'm sorry to hear you have to go back full time. I know exactly what you are feeling. :(.

Shelly said...

Wow, I can't believe how much she has changed already. She is such a cutie!!! Hope to see you sometime soon. Just found out about Ian calling you and inviting himself down. Sorry we didnt come :-)

Anonymous said...

She gets cuter everytime I see her. How fun for grandma to have a sleepover already!
You will get to sleep all night again.... when they are grown and moved out...MAYBE!!! hehehehehe
It takes time, but you get use to it! Enjoy her while you can, they chance & grow so fast. And naps are good for both or you!

Angela said...

I can't believe how big she is now! Did it really go by that fast??? Sorry I haven't been around, just been dealing with a sick child for a little bit there and didn't want to take a chance.
Good luck in your decision for school. I know that the Lord will bless you. Also let me know if you need help babysitting your cutie. We'd love to watch her!