Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Little Road Trip (and More)


Last weekend we took a little road trip to Wellsville, Utah. Our friends, Megan and Dustin, were blessing their baby, Krew. Megan got us a great deal on a hotel room, so we headed up Saturday afternoon. (It takes awhile to get ready with a baby!) On our way, we stopped and visited John's brother, David, and his cute family. It was great to visit with them, and they were super excited to meet Makaylee. It was a short trip, but it is always good to see famiy and friends.

It was my first time back to church and Makaylee's first time to church. She did really well. (She probably would have done even better if she had eaten just before.) I remember towards the end of my pregnancy that Makaylee was always very active during the sacrament hymns. Well, during the opening song, she was the happiest I have ever seen her. She had big smiles through the whole thing. It was cute. (She must really love church like her mom ;) ) She did 'talk' a lot through the meeting. I wonder who she would get that from? All in all, she did great on the trip.


This week, I had my six week check up, and the doctor said I've healed really well. He was really nice and gave me two more weeks of maternity leave. I was hoping for that, because that means I will only have to go back for the last week of school. The nurse had me get on the scale (I was not expecting that-Yikes), and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. And yesterday I put on a pair of jeans! However, I don't know how excited to be about all of it, because I was over weight before I was pregnant. It's bittersweet I guess.

Here is a happy thought I had the other day. I was driving home and saw that the Sno-Shack was open. Summer is around the corner :) Hooray!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. What a cutie. Thanks for the call the other night,we hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

She is just so darn cute! She gets cuter everytime I see her. Look at that smile...