It was a big weekend for us. John blessed Makaylee this Sunday. We were so grateful to have so many of our loved ones come and support us. Makaylee slept through her sweet blessing. She even slept all through her party.
After the meeting, we met up with family and friends for lunch in the park. I was grateful that the weather wasn't too bad. Weeks ago I had reserved our clubhouse for the luncheon. I was told twice that we were "good to go." However, four days before the blessing, I was informed that the clubhouse was double booked, and we could no longer use it. I was of course so sad and frustrated, but thankfully our prayers were answered and the weather was good enough to be outside. I actually think the park worked out better, because there was lots of room/tables and the kids were able to play. A blessing in disguise I guess.
All in all, it was a wonderful day, and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life and an amazing husband who loves his daughter so much.
If you look close, she's smiling just a little!
Makaylee wore my blessing dress. At my family baby shower the last gift my mom gave me was my blessing dress with a picture of me and my dad on my blessing day. I thought it was so sweet and decided then to have Makaylee wear it. I'm glad I did. I had no idea blessing dresses cost so much! I bought her cute little booties, but unfortunately they were too big.
Shakespear Cousins
It was fun to have all the kids together!
Zoe and Makaylee
It was fun to have all the kids together!
Saturday night we met up with our good friends Megan and Dustin for dinner. Megan and I were pregnant together and due within days of each other. We have big plans for our babies, Krew and Makaylee, to one day wed ;) They went on their first date Saturday night (and we captured it for them). It was so exciting they slept right through it.

Krew and Makaylee's First Date
4 comments:
I love that she wore your blessing dress. So cute! It makes me want to go pull mine out to look at and see if I would ever bless a girl in it! You guys are such a cute family!
She looks so cute! I'm glad the park worked out so well. I thought about you guys all day and am sad we had to miss it.
I'm so glad that everything went well. I was worried for you when we walked out of our door on Sunday with the weather. But I'm glad it was good weather. It was a beautiful blessing that John gave her (at least from what I could hear while holding a squirmy Caleb!). I can't believe how quickly she's growing up!
She is so cute and John did a good job. You are both blessed to have such a sweet angel in your life. Thanks for inviting us! lOVE YOU GUYS! :-)
Post a Comment