Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We're So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

Makaylee loves her daddy.
She was so happy to have him home to play with!



This past month John had to work out of town. While we are thankful for his job, I'll admit that I hated having him away and so did Makaylee. Thankfully my family is close, and we were able to spend lots of time with them. I enjoyed several home cooked meals made by my mom and lunch dates with the girls (my mom and sisters). My sister Kelsey was also really sweet to hang out with me and to have numerous sleepovers. She's pretty crafty/artistic, so I had her help me with several projects for Makaylee. My favorite one's the bow holder we made!

The bow holder


On the weekends when John was home, we tried to make up for lost time and do lots of fun things together. One evening we went for a walk in the park, and I took this darling picture of Makaylee. It's one of my favorites, so I had to share it.

Makaylee in her stroller. She loves to go for a walk.

Our little family at the park.

That same day Makaylee 'talked' her daddy's ear off. For an hour straight she was babbling away. I guess she was catching him up on all that he missed. When he was away, we talked with him every day (several times). I got some cute pictures of Makaylee talking with John. It was so sweet.

A good conversation :)

We love Daddy very much! He is so wonderful. We appreciate him working so hard to take care of us.

Father's Day

Along the lines of dads, here is a cute picture of Makaylee with my dad on Father's Day. Makaylee likes to hold up one finger and my dad loves it, so we gave him this #1 t-shirt and hat for Father's Day (along with a picture of Makaylee holding up 1 finger and smiling big).

PS We celebrated Father's Day with a nice BBQ at my parents house.

3 comments:

Nichole W. said...

I love the picture of her on the phone! She's a cutie!

Gonzalez Family said...

I think the picture of Makaylee in the stroller is SO sweet. I love it. I am glad you are having fun with John while he's home. I'll try to call you soon, this week has turned out to be crazy with lots of family stuff. I was thinking that maybe Thursday night it would be fun to hang out.

andrew and brittani said...

She may look like her daddy, but she talks like her mom! She's so cute and I can't believe it's been 3 months already.