Stylin' in her new sunglasses.She got a new swimsuit, sunglasses, and sandals for her birthday.
We're just a little excited for summer!
I can't believe it, but my baby's one! We had a great time celebrating Makaylee's first birthday. I'd been planning it for quite awhile. The theme was easy to decide on. She absolutely loves Mickey Mouse, so a Mickey Mouse party it was. I found a Mickey Mouse party pack that was full of fun decorations, invitations, plates, etc. She was so excited when she woke up and saw all the decorations. She started singing the Hot Dog song and dancing. (Well, her version of the song.) Of course, she loved opening her presents. Makaylee gets excited so easily and I love it.
We had friends come over in the afternoon for cake and ice cream. Makaylee loved having everyone sing to her. We gave her a little cupcake, and she didn't know what to think. After we gave her a little taste and told her to bite it, she went at it. She put her head down and started biting. She didn't use her hands. It was too funny. After awhile, she made a mess with her cupcake.
I also got a great idea from my friend Sydney to make a slide show of Makaylee's first year, so we played that for everyone. It's amazing how much she's grown! (I'll admit I got teary making it.)
Later that night, we had family over for pizza and cake and ice cream. I ordered a cake from Macey's, because they give you a free cake for your baby's first birthday with a purchase of another cake. (Another great idea from Sydney!) So after pizza, we sang again and, of course, Makaylee loved all the attention. She knew what to do this time!
It was so fun to celebrate with our friends and family. We are so grateful to have such a beautiful, healthy baby girl and to have such wonderful friends and family.
Thanks everyone for spoiling our baby! You are too good to us.










4 comments:
That is so cute the way she ate her cupcake! I wish we could of come to celebrate with her! Jersey loves Mickey Mouse too.
I love how excited Makaylee gets. Watching her light up when we started singing Happy Birthday was my favorite! What a sweet baby, or should I say big girl?
We should all eat our cake that way. Way more fun! Em..how is your baby one. It doesn't seem like very long ago you were pregnant!! Time is flying by.
We were sad we missed her party! We have a present for her.
Post a Comment