Saturday, July 26, 2008

We Painted!


Summer is a great time to work on projects. This summer I insisted on painting our house. I wanted to before we even moved in, but, since it was a crazy time with school starting, I decided it could wait. With my dad's help, we were able to get it done one Saturday. John and my dad did most of the work. I helped by running errands and providing food and drinks. I did a little taping and painting too. Here are a few pictures of the finished product. Hopefully, you can see what we've done. (The color is Gallery Taupe. It's a grayish brown.)

Above: Dining Area
Below: The Family/Living Room

And here's just a taste of the kitchen area.

My next big project is my classroom. I had to move, so everything was packed up. I've unpacked most of my stuff, but, let's be honest, it's a mess. Hopefully I will be able to get it all done this week. I can't believe school will start in only 3 weeks. Yikes! I'm not ready!!

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Looks good, can't wait to see it in person!
Shelly

Erin Shakespear said...

I LOVE it! It looks FAB! :)

ryan + carly said...

alysha!! hello! i found you through angela liddle's blog. i love love the new paint and i love the hardwood floors in your house. very pretty. i must say that today was quite hilarious with daniela holding up her middle finger! were you dying? cuz i really couldn't stop laughing! hopefully next sun will bring as much fun! lol. love ya.

Angela said...

Oh you're so lucky that your John and Dad were willing to paint. I still need to convince my John that we should paint, because it's so nice to have that done! Yeah that's really weird that school is starting that soon! Doesn't it feel like summer just started? Crazy! Well we should do something soon!

Paul or Lindsay said...

It looks so great!!! I am still waiting to be able to paint a place (oh the joys of renting!). Oh gosh, I can't believe school is going to start so soon. It seems like yesterday that we were cheering (over the phone) that it was the last day! Let me know if I can help you get anything ready (I am a mean stapler!).

Molly said...

Alysha it looks so great! I wish I could have you come decorate my apartment, your house looks amazing!

Leslie said...

way to go on the painting! Will you send John to my house next? I could put him to work realy fast!! Your house is darling! I think you should come over and decorate my house after John paints it!

mindy said...

alysha!!! so glad i found your blog through aubrey's and i'm so glad. we still really need to go to lunch sometime. aubrey's gone to japan for a few weeks but maybe when she gets back we can plan something :) hope you're doing good.

~mindy

Angela said...

Your house looks great! It would be fun to see you guys and hang out sometime!